Friday, April 09, 2010

Rock a by baby

There are a few things more miserable than a friday post lunch session at office. After a really heavy meal, all windows curtained tight and the whole office speaking in low voices that sound like lullaby and you sit right in front of your manager who has one eye on you and you cannot seista.

I am desperately trying to keep my eyes propped open and not really successful. I just now read in Yahoo that corporate India is perpetually sleep deprived. I think it is only fair that being part of it, I must do my bit and go home and catch up on my sleep.

But do these people understand my altruistic tendencies.. NOOOOOO

I have to attend a meeting later in the evening and got to prepare for it now.. *waaaahhhh*

In Canada, the third week of February is celebrated as Family day. While I was not able to google any particular reason for it, an aquaintance in Canada told me that it was given by the government coz there are no holidays after January for a long time.True or false, I like the explanation.

I think Indian government should also make it compulsary to make fridays half working days...
.

5 comments:

jaacostan said...

imagine,halfday leave granted on fridays...then after few months the labour unions start strike for halfday on thursday,and then wednesday...so on..
v live in India ,right??

Sanjana said...

I work at a place where we do not have any labour unions :-)
Anyways I would not mind a 4 day work week too :-)
If a gal cannot fantasize here, where can she.. sigh!!!

jaacostan said...

SIMPLY SIT AND EARN SALARY !!

ANYBODY,ANY JOB LIKE THIS!!!! +++

Sanjana said...

Nah!! that would be boring.I love to work.. especially on interesting stuff (who doesn't). I just hate working on friday evenings and monday mornings

jaacostan said...

WHEN THERE IS NOT MUCH INTERESTING STUFFS AVAILABLE....THEN WHATS UR DEDICATION TOWARDS THE JOB...U MAY COMPLETE IT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND SAY,"DONE"...

PERFECTION CAME WITH DEDICATION THEN V DONE DURING FRIDAY AFTERNOONS..(ZZZ) :-)