Friday, July 21, 2006

I’m a princess.


Is it not a wonder how a kind word, from even a stranger, can make an otherwise dreary dull day into a bright one?

Oh! People will tell you that making a day good and bad is all in our mind set and all that blah blah. Good to listen… Just does not happen!

Today dawned rather weirdly with my bro getting our time differences mixed. He called me at 4.00 AM and I was so groggy I was probably blabbering. Then I over slept, ran to get the bus. Came to office to find my Phone Voice mail had not yet been reset and all my voice mails have been going to another voice mailbox. The security calls me to say he has been having my access card for over 10 days and if I do not get it immediately he was going to give it away.

Needless to say, I ran down to get the access card. I was waiting at the elevator lobby when this lady came to me and said that the way my Dupatta was flowing behind me when I walked was very pretty … and that it made me look like a princess :-)


Oh yeah! That brightened my day. Suddenly it did not seem such a boring day. I did not feel like an alien in a different country. Not some one who dresses different from everyone else… I was some one better…


I was a princess!!!

(ok I am exaggerating a wee bit here... but it still felt good :-))

5 comments:

Mark IV S'nathan said...

10 days-la access card vandhudichcha??? cha lucky u it took me more than a month and 4 shuttles betwwen my work place and home office...

Sanjana said...

@mark: oh yeah and the work place is 10 miles away from home office :-p.. i have not got the id yet... just the access card. so don't feel too bad mark.
BTW mark don't u dare call me vetti... remember i know what you are doing out there too :-)

Mark IV S'nathan said...

ya Like I know wat u did last summer??? ;)
BTW vetti-s are Smart Workers than Hard workers!!!!

Sanjana said...

oh hey! i never killed anyone last summer :-D
well you should know about the second line of comment better i guess... ;-)

Mark IV S'nathan said...

ya Survival of the fittest... neways my blog has been updated...