Monday, December 19, 2005

Calvin sez


"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."-Calvin

"I'd hate to have a kid like me."-Calvin

"If you do the job badly enough, sometimes you don't get asked to do it again."-Calvin

"Reality continues to ruin my life."-Calvin

Dad: The world isn't fair, Calvin.
Calvin: I know Dad, but why isn't it ever unfair in my favour?


Calvin: Do you really think Bogeymen exist?
Hobbes: I'm not sure, but if they do, I think this is where they live

Hobbes: Do you think there's a God?
Calvin: Well somebody's out to get me!

Mrs. Wormwood: What state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial.

Calvin: I'm a simple man, Hobbes.
Hobbes: You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!
Calvin: I'm a simple man with complex tastes.

Calvin: I wonder where we go when we die?
Hobbes: ...Pittsburgh?
Calvin: You mean if we're good or if we're bad?

Hobbes: It says here that by the age of 6, most children have seen a million murders on television.
Calvin: I find that very disturbing...it means I've been watching all the wrong channels.

Calvin: I'm looking for something that can deliver a 50-pound payload of snow on a small feminine target. Can you suggest something? Hello...?

Calvin: Why isn't my life like a situation comedy? Why don't I have a bunch of friends with nothing better to do but drop by and instigate wacky adventures? Why aren't my conversations peppered with spontaneous witticisms?Why don't my friends demonstrate heartfelt concern for my well being when I have problems? ...I gotta get my life some writers.

ps: For the uninitiated, Calvin is the li'l boy and his pet tiger is Hobbes, Its a comic strip by Bill Watterson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can never get enuf of Calvin.. The little imp is irreresistable.. Good collection..
- Neena