Monday, May 16, 2011

..and on other things

=& While I am sure the whole state is rejoicing the election results. I mean talk of a clean sweep. What had me grinning was the pure glee on the faces of newscasters in the Jaya channels.
Not joy but glee, like kids have when their prank goes through successfully.
The grand old man obviously didn't so much as peep outside his residence. But we are used to that, aren't we? But his gall never fails to amaze me. He was shocked and disappointed by the TN people I hear, for not choosing him. Especially after all the good he had done for them. But, good guy that he is, he understands this as a chance given by his people for him to recuperate and come back (COME BACK???!!! God save us all)

=& To top it, my mom calls me frantically from work to say RajniKanth has passed away. Since my place of work is near where he is admitted she was worried about how I would get back home.
I am no fan of his, but I was surprised at the depth of sadness I felt on hearing this news... Which turned out, happily, to be only a rumor.

=& Yesterday in Vijay TV, they were telecasting the wedding of Junior NTR. The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton would not be able to hold a candle to this one. Wow! the whole wedding took place in a huge set created just for this occasion and I mean Huge! The bride's wedding sari cost Rs. 3.75 lakhs or there about.

=& I have discovered this share auto for my morning transportation to work with a DVD player in it. You know the one with a little screen? And the driver is one of the most mannerly guys I have known. He actually thanks his passengers when we get off and best of all, he puts on any songs I ask for. I am thinking of asking if he will let me borrow his DVD collection with me. :-)


No comments: