Friday, February 25, 2011

In Memoriam

Can you think of your childhood without the tinkle and amarchitra katha stories?
I remember my mother buying me the tinkle at the beginning of every month for years. And everytime we used to go out of station, she used to get the amarchitra katha books to read in the train. I have not thrown out one of the books so collected.

In fact I just spent over 3k on ACK series books.

The Mahabaratha 3 volume series containing the 52 books that were originally published by IBH and later by ACK is a beauty worth mentioning and owning.

I still read and enjoy those comics. My neices are crazy about them.

How many of us would have even known about the great Indian heroes or our culture and mythology if not for Uncle Pai? Hardly any one at all.

You leave a grateful and very entertained indian youth behind and will be remembered for a long time.

RIP Uncle Pai!
.

No comments: